Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Preston Engages with the Easter Sermon?

This year my family tried to prepare more thoroughly for Easter. One of the things I did with the boys was watch some of of the movie "The Ten Commandments" Saturday night. Of course, I had inside information that our pastor, Ricky Jones, was going to be preaching Christ as the true Exodus.

The following clip is of Ricky talking about the meaning of Moses's staff turning into a snake and eating Pharaoh's snakes. When Preston heard this on Sunday he looked at me and said: "Daddy we saw that last night!"

After I confirmed that Ricky was talking about the same thing he asked: "How did pastor Ricky know that we watched that?!"

This emphasized two things to me, First, how important and practical it actually is to prepare my kids for Worship. And second, the beautiful simplicity of the child mind. Preston just couldn't conceive of any other possibility except that he was being preached to directly.

It was a good week.



No comments: